- A sprinkling of social connections
- A dash of gratitude
- A generous helping of flow
- A cup of emotion
- A splash of mindfulness
- A helping of positivity
- A stress reduction
- A spoonful of self acceptance
- Goals to taste
- A pinch of meaning
- Reach out – make high quality social connections
- Every day write 3 things for which you are grateful. Identify why you are grateful
- Get into flow – identify what your strengths are and do more activities using those strengths
- Practise positive communication – it takes 3 positive experiences for every 1 negative experience to flourish.
- Practise mindfulness – stay focused in the here and now. Pay attention to the present moment by using focus, breathing or meditation.
- Learn to recognise negative thinking and nip it in the bud.
- Manage stress – we can only be responsible for whatever we can change ourselves. Discarding the “shoulds” and the “musts” from our lives can remove a great deal of stress.
- Learn acceptance – be your own best friend. Be kind to yourself when things go wrong. This increases your enjoyment of life and your resilience.
- Set goals – we all need goals to motivate us and these need to be challenging yet also achievable.
- Find meaning in your life – people who have purpose in their lives are happier and get more out of what they do. Become connected to something bigger than yourself.
NOW PUT ALL THE INGREDIENTS IN A POT. SIMMER FOR 40 DAYS OVER A LOW HEAT (remember that it takes 40 days of continual activity to form a habit).
– ICEP Europe http://www.icepe.eu